Saturday, May 05, 2012

Revlon Whimsical & Nail Art

I finally understand what other nail bloggers are talking about when they say they had a freak-out in a beauty supply store or drugstore because they found a rare polish. 

That was me in Save-On last night. 

Of course I can't go somewhere that sells nail polish without checking out what they have, though most of the time I don't find anything out of the ordinary.  But yesterday, as I was browsing the Revlons, behold: one bottle of Whimsical!  I immediately snatched it up, and probably made some sort of strange yelping noise in my excitement, because some people around me turned to look.  I also picked up Revlon Popular, but I haven't had a chance to try that one yet. 

This colour is a supposed dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air, though I can only compare other's swatches since I don't own the Lippmann. Can't bring myself to spend $22 on a bottle of nail polish. 
Whimsical is a mix of medium blue and pink hex glitter, small pink and silver hex glitter, and light blue shimmer in a milky blue jelly base.  


 The polish is very sheer, and would be near impossible to be opaque on it's own. Here I have 3 coats of Whimsical over 1 coat of MYX Matte Teal, topped with one coat of Seche Vite. 



Needless to say, I love this.  Now for some macro goodness: 




I do love this layering, but I feel like it's a bit bright. Next time I'll probably layer it over a softer blue.


Here's what I had on my nails yesterday and the day before. I was planning on leaving this on longer, but when I got Whimsical I had to wear it right away, so this came off.  This is Jealous, Much? from Orly's Cool Romance Collection. I got 4 minis, and so far the three that I've tried all require 3 coats for even coverage.  

Jealous, Much? is a light minty green creme with blue undertones.  Here it is with one coat of Seche Vite. 




I wore it like this for a day, and then decided to add some stamping on top.  I used Konad m74, and Konad special polish in White.  Very spring-appropriate, don't you think?




 Last for today is some freehand nail art I did about a week ago (stubby nails) :(  This is also from Orly's Cool Romance Collection, Prelude To A Kiss. This is a light peachy-nude-pink creme; I can't decide what to call it.  This one also required 3 coats.  It's a bit more pink in real life than in the pictures.  I freehanded the leopard print with Color Club You're Golden and black acrylic paint.  One coat of Seche Vite.




That's all I have time for right now, as I'm off to rehearsal for the day.  We have another competition on this coming week, which means no nail polish.  Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to show you other old manis that I've got stacked up!

5 comments:

  1. All beautiful! I love Whimsical, a fellow blogger sent it to the UK for me. I did find GOSH Holographic in my local store of tiny town and to think I let out a squeal!! :-D

    That stamping you have done is very very good. I don;t have any KONAD plates, but got some Cheeky ones, not sure how they compare. I love your short nails, I tend to keep mine short asI thin it looks quite chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only have Konad plates, so I wouldn't be able to compare them.
      I had to cut all my nails short because of a few breaks, and I thought I would hate it but I've actually grown to like it. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, just found your blog! It's pretty cool to see another young nail blogger (I'm 16 too)! I really like your post and had prety much the same exact experience when I found Whimsical too! haha I was actually wondering if you'd be interested in doing a guest post for me. I know it's a lot to ask but if you're interested you can e-mail me at xoxoalexisleightheblog@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can find the link back under my name. I love your animal print accents, so classy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...