Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tina and Lucy: Watermelon

This morning I've got my last Tina and Lucy polish to show you: Watermelon.  Watermelon is a mix of white matte micro-glitter and medium black hex glitter in what appears to be a pinky-red jelly base, but when it gets on the nail it's much brighter and bordering on neon coral in some lights. 

It is very sheer, so here I've layered three coats of Watermelon over one coat of OPI Mod About You, followed by one coat of Seche Vite.  The jelly base of Watermelon is very pigmented, and completely changed the colour of the OPI.  The formula on this polish was pretty good when applying, though in the bottle all of the glitter settles in a layer on the bottom after sitting for 5 minutes.  Before using it I turned it upside-down for a few minute, and then gave it a good shake and it was pretty evenly mixed.  The black glitter is very sparse, and you can see from the pictures how much I got from three coats. Some of the glitter did like to clump together, but it wasn't too noticeable.  

The colour was spot-on with the name, and after three coats, my nails looked so squishy and delicious, just like real watermelons! Picture time:





The following picture is what this polish looks like in most indoor lighting:



Sorry for the blurry picture, it was the only one I had with the bottle.

I think this is a really fun polish for summer; it really looked like watermelons and there were a few moments where I kind of wanted to eat them.  That is, before I remembered it was nail polish.  Have I been inhaling too many polish fumes?  Probably.  

Anyhow, you can buy Tina and Lucy polish from their Etsy shop, and like their Facebook page for updates. The shop is temporarily closed, but will be open again soon!  What was your favourite of the Tina and Lucy polishes I've shown? Is it PeatMoonstone, or Watermelon? Let me know in the comments! :)

My provincial exam is today, so I'm not really sure why I spent my morning writing a blog post instead of studying... I must really love you all!  I'll hopefully show you the polish I'm wearing for my exam today later tonight.  Wish me luck! 

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your first photo actually reminded me of tiny flower petals fallen on the ground. This one's definitely my favorite of the three. Best of luck on your exam!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your exam! And, that colour is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...