Friday, September 21, 2012

Mod Teddy Girl

The nicest thing happened the other day!  A lady at my mom's office brought in  bunch of nail polish and put it out in the break room for people to take, saying that she'd never use them again.  My mom took a couple bottles and emailed her to explain how much I'd appreciate them and thank her, to which she told my mom to just take all of them!  I arrived home to 4 bottles of OPI, 2 Revlons, one Essie, and a Butter London!  And all the bottles are practically brand new! 

The Butter London I received is a gorgeous light pink called Teddy Girl, it looks to be very close to a couple other light pinks I have, (OPI Mod About You, Essie Fiji, Essie French Affair.)  Let me know if you'd be interested in a comparison post!  


The formula on Teddy Girl was really easy to work with, though it did require three coats to be completely opaque.  I stamped over it with BM-322 and Konad black polish, and then added dots with Essie No Place Like Chrome


I know my stamping leaves a little to be desired in spots, but when it's not blown up to five times the size of my actual nail, it's very visually striking.  


This doesn't really fit in with my usual aesthetic, but I really like it!  I'll definitely have to wear Teddy Girl again by itself soon, it's such a soft pretty colour that's really flattering on my skin tone.  

How do you like what I did with Teddy Girl?  Would you like to see a comparison post with my other similar light pinks?  Leave a comment, they make me happy!  :)

7 comments:

  1. I have been seeing this stamp a lot lately and I am loving it! I really need to use it! :) Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I tried taking photos of this exact same stamp the other day and it looked horrible. You did a much better job stamping than I ever could

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this nail art is so awesome! Nice work with stamping!
    Yeah, I really love this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely be interested in seeing a pink comparison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute mani! And I'd like to see a comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a nice lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thank you for the post soft toys

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...