Friday, September 07, 2012

Pool Party!

I know, I know, it's getting a little late in the year for pool parties.  However, I think I'll make an exception for today. 


Pool Party is my first bottle of Pretty & Polished, and unfortunately I don't love it as much as I was hoping.  The formula was super thick and goopy, and I spent a lot of time fiddling around with glitters while trying to avoid the inevitable dragging. 


This was three coats of Pool Party. The glitter was still pokey after two coats of Seche Vite because the square and bar glitters curled like no other.  I would have preferred to add another coat to smooth it out, but all the coats were already too thick for my liking. 


Also, I used a liquid glue base coat for this to see if the glitter would just peel off, instead of dealing with tedious tin foil and such.  Sometime (eventually) I'll have a post up on how that worked out for me! (Hint: I'm definitely a convert!)

 

I do like the way this looks, I'm just not nearly as excited about it as I was hoping to be.  Oh well, maybe next summer I'll like it more.  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I think it's gorgeous but if formula is bad then it kind of ruins it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I like how it looks but definitely won't be wearing it much because of the effort involved in applying it :/

      Delete
  2. I found your blog when I searched "pool party thick curl" to see if anyone else mentioned how thick it is and if the bar glitter curled and yes -- here you are! You still managed to get your coats looking great. I couldn't handle more than two coats on my nails, and though the color was striking (and I did get compliments) I wasn't satisfied with it either. I don't know if it's worth thinning out, because then the glitter might sink.

    Glad to hear the glue base coat helped out! I was 10 minutes in foil to get this one off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who experienced this, I was afraid I was just the unfortunate recipient of a bad bottle. I love a lot of the other P&P polishes but I'm skeptical of buying them now after this one, no matter how beautiful they may look in the bottle. I don't think I'll use it much because of the difficulty in application, but I might try thinning it out just to I'll write another post about it if I do!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...