Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

I've never been one for Valentine's day.  As a rarity in the world of teenage girls, I don't go to public school and prefer to steer clear of all the relationship drama.  The highlight of Valentine's Days in years past has been getting some chocolate from my amazing and loving parents, and I'm perfectly fine with that!


Nevertheless, I can still use the day as an excuse to wear one of my favourite polishes, and stick hearts on them to make my mani appropriate for the occasion! 


By the time I was done a ton of swatching last night I didn't want to do anything too time-consuming, so I came up with this simple look.  I used two coats of Butter London Fiddlesticks, and picked some heart glitters out of one of my indie polishes to stick on to each nail.  Two coats of Seche Vite for a smooth finish. 



As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I also did my sister's nails for Valentine's Day.  We decided on some unnaturally-coloured leopard print in shades of pink.  I started with three easy coats of NOPI Studio Mama, did the center of the spots with Butter London Rosie Lee, and drew the outlines in OPI We'll Always Have Paris.  Topped it with one coat of Seche Vite.  She got lots of compliments on this at dance yesterday!  


She also now has an appreciation for how difficult and awkward hand-posing is.  

I'm really loving my simple Valentine's Day mani, still festive while not too over-the-top.  Definitely suits me!  What have you got on your nails for Valentine's Day?  Any special plans to celebrate?  :)

16 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting you are 17! I loved the part about your sister's appreciation for how awkward and difficult hand posing is. HA! It really is, isn't it? She did great! And now I need to add Fiddlesticks to my WL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous! Happy Valentine's Day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. youre seventeen? so am i! and i love your sisters nails! i need a pink glitter like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first one, so simple but so romantic <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. the 1st mani is perfect with the simplicity and the 2nd one is awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little hearts <3
    Fiddlesticks looks like raspberry jam with crushed seeds: very eatable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any recommendations?

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... digial bathroom scale

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...